The Crescent Inn is a wholly owned subsidiary of Le Bistrot Pierre Limited (“We”, “us”, “our”) take your privacy very seriously and we will comply with the UK’s Data Protection Act 1998 and any other applicable data protection legislation when processing your personal data.
If you hear from us, we will always aim to be respectful, and be contacting you about something relevant and appropriate to your stated interest in us. If at any time you don't feel we've lived up to that philosophy, please let us know by getting in touch with us.
For the purposes of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the “Act”), the data controller is Le Bistrot Pierre Limited of Milton Chambers, 19 Milton Street, Nottingham, NG1 3EU.
What information do we collect from you?
We may collect and process the following data about you when you fill in forms on any of our Sites, make reservations with us on our Sites, provide feedback on our Sites, register to us our Mon Pierre Rewards Scheme, download or register an App, subscribe to any of our services (including making a reservation online), search for a service, enter a competition promotion or survey (either on our Sites or in bistrot), redeem an offer or promotion, where you report a problem with our App, our services or any of our Sites, or where you sign up to receive emails from us and/or updates about the development of Le Bistrot Pierre Limited or about upcoming events. The information you give us may include:
Phone number (including the mobile phone number of the device on which you download our App)
Date of birth
Username and password for your reward scheme account
Your local bistrot
The amount you spend with us and what you purchase
Sometimes, we may also need to ask you for further details but will always have a reason for doing so, for example to make sure you're eligible for our offers.
We may also use GPS technology, wi-fi or other location-based services on our App to determine your current location. Some of our location-enabled services require your personal data for the feature to work. If you wish to use the particular feature, you will be asked to consent to your data being used for this purpose. You can withdraw your consent at any time by changing the location settings on your device.
Will we use your information for marketing?
We may use your information to provide you with information about goods, services, updates, events, offers or promotions that we feel may interest you. We will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail or SMS) or by post with information about goods, services, updates, events, offers or promotions similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale or negotiations of a sale to you.
We will use your information to contact you in response to an enquiry from you. Additionally, we will only ever use your information to contact you if you have chosen to provide personal information and consent to receive future communication from us.
How else will we use your information?
We may also use your information for the following purposes:
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us.
- To notify you about changes to our service.
- To administer our Sites and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes.
- To send you specific information, if you’ve requested it or to carry out your other specific requests.
- To carry out surveys occasionally and to analyse our user base. Ultimately we want to ensure that we provide everything that you want from us.
- To comply with the law.
- As we feel is necessary to prevent illegal activity or to protect our interests.
- To ensure that content from our Sites is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- To allow you to participate in any interactive features of our service which may be available, when you choose to do so.
- To make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of any of our Sites about goods or services that may interest you or them.
We won’t keep hold of your personal information for longer than is reasonably necessary or required by law.
We may combine information that we receive about you from other sources with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We may us this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
Will we share your information with anyone else?
We may share your information with selected third parties, including:
- Business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you.
- Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our Sites.
- Mailing companies for the purposes of sending our marketing communications to you.
- TXD for the purpose of hosting our information, including personal data.
- Third party providers of scanning services, for the purposes of scanning personal data that you provide us with on paper.
- We may use your personal data in aggregated and anonymised form for the purposes of devising our marketing strategy.
- We won't rent or sell our users’ details to any other organisation or individual for marketing purposes.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If Le Bistrot Pierre Limited or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our end user licence agreement www.bistrotpierre.co.uk/monpierre/EULA, Mon Pierre Rewards Scheme terms and conditions www.bistrotpierre.co.uk/monpierre/terms and other agreements; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Le Bistrot Pierre Limited, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Where will we store your personal data?
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers.
Le Bistrot Pierre directly controls and manages all personal data captured and stored its role as Data Controller.
Personal data is held and maintained in a customer database located in the United Kingdom including which communication individuals have opted in to receive. Importantly, the database is kept up to date with any requests to delete, amend or access personal data logged, recorded and actioned. The database is primarily used to communicate to individuals on promotions, services and products where permission to do so has been obtained. In so doing, the option to unsubscribe from future email communication is provided.
In addition, data is sometimes aggregated for profiling purposes to help us better understand our customers and guide the style and content of our communications.
How will we make sure your personal data is secure?
We employ security measures to protect your information from access by unauthorised persons and against unlawful processing, accidental loss, destruction and damage. We will retain your information for a reasonable period or as long as the law requires.
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions carried out by us or our chosen third-party provider of payment processing services, Sage Pay or Elavon (depending on whether you are purchasing a gift card from us or making a booking with our bed & breakfast, the Crescent Inn) will be encrypted.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our Sites; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password that enables you to access certain parts of our Sites, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
What are cookies?
We use the following cookies:
- ci session; and
- Google Analytics.
Our site contains links to other websites. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites and any services that may be accessible through them may have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies or for any personal data that may be collected through these websites or services. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites or use these services.
How you can access your information?
At any time you can request access to the personal data we hold about you either by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org or writing to us at the following address
Data Request, Marketing Department, Le Bistrot Pierre, Milton Chambers, 19 Milton Street, Nottingham, NG1 3EU
You are entitled to be told by us whether we or someone else on your behalf is processing your personal data; what personal data we hold; details of the purposes for the processing of your personal data; and details of any third party with whom your personal data has been shared.
You can also request that we correct any personal data which we hold about you where it is inaccurate.
Sometimes you may be asked to provide proof of identity before we show you your personal data - that’s so we can prevent unauthorised access.
Your rights and preferences
We strive to operate an open and honest approach to the protection and security of personal data. In so doing, we fully acknowledge individuals’ rights to know what data we hold and to have the ability to amend, delete or object to the data stored on them.
We will ask for your consent before collecting your data. If you would like to view the personal data we process about you, to update your contact details and preferences, to tell us you no longer want to receive communication about our products, services and promotions, or to tell us you no longer want your personal data processed, you may email us at email@example.com. If you would like to be removed from our database, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you ask us to stop using your personal data, we take reasonable steps to honour that request. However, we will retain records of your personal data as needed in order to comply with applicable law.
In all cases, we will respond within one month but with the intention of doing so as soon as possible
Policy Date: May 2018